Saturday, November 03, 2012

A Woman And The Falling Rain

A woman, and the falling rain. Some of the reasons I'm still writing. Perhaps a jar of chocolate chip cookies too. If I am not carving those memories in here, I might have taken them for granted. When I'm writing, suddenly everything around me feels important, significant. Like I could sense their presence as though they are looking at me, talking to me. Even the broken TV seems staring at me. 

The weather is on my side lately. Not that I don't like sunshine. I definitely love the morning sun. I guess I just love cloudy days more. Rain is a blessing. The pouring rain is just so soothing. It gives off a unique mild scent, together with a calming rhythm as the droplets touch the earth. Music from heaven, I'd say. 

It's raining outside right now. My wife is cooking in the kitchen. Everything is perfect. A mug of hot chocolate is the only thing I would ask for right now. Alhamdulillah.  

No comments: