Sunday, September 30, 2012

Proofreading and Translation Services

I'm currently providing proofreading/editing and translation services, feel free to drop me an email at illuth@yahoo.com should you have any inquiry. I'm charging 5 cents per word for translation service, and RM 5-7 per page for proofreading service, depending on difficulty of the text. 

-------------------------------------

Unless you are the spoiled son of your filthy rich daddy, I highly advise those who are going to ask for a woman's hand, to work part time months before that. If you don't want to do that, then please seriously tighten your belt. Or maybe you should apply both. There are tonnes of things that can help you generate extra cash. Even after you're married, you still need to have those extra money because sooner or later you'll be having extra members in your family.

The fastest way to get money is to rob a bank or sell drugs, but let's not venture into those ideas, shall we? Haha.

Well, I'd say the best way is to invest your money. Invest in properties, stock market, gold and silver, or invest in yourself to start your own business. But. Yes, there's a but and it's an important but.

But, you have to have money before you can start investing. Therefore you either have to save some or your monthly salary, or you work extra for that extra cash.

I've read somewhere in which the financial planner said that after marriage, you will have to suffer for at least 5 years before you can actually have your dreamworld. Work hard and tighten your belt for 5-7 years, insya Allah you'll have a solid financial security after that. I can't help but to agree with what he said, because I'm still coping with the repercussion from my marriage seven months ago, financially. Not that I didn't prepare for my marriage, it's just that I didn't prepare enough.

So what do I do now? Investing can wait. Now, I work extra hard, save extra money, and at the same time, try to finish my study.

Sometimes we're stuck in a job that we don't really enjoy doing. It's okay, we have 24 hours per day and 2 days off on the weekend. There's plenty of time for part time job. First of all, think of what you love doing. Then find a mentor or someone you can learn from on how to do it the right way. After that, just do it! As simple as that. 

As for me, I'm quite confident in my language proficiency, both Malay and English. I am fond of both languages even before I started school. Still remember mom teaching me at home while she's cooking. Haha. Never had a proficiency test on Malay, but as for English, I did score 5/6 on MUET and 8/9 on IELTS. Therefore recently I tried to do some proofreading and translation job. Proofreading is easy. Translation is a bit tricky, but so far I'm doing great! 


No comments: