
I'm a biotechnologist-to-be, but i don't know which one is the dominant trait - big eyes or small eyes. Regardless, I have small eyes. That's what people around me said. In other words, they said I'm a chinese, or my dad, or my mom, is a chinese. It's been going on like this since i was a kid. Back then i looked even more chinese than i am now ^_^ Luckily I have malay skin. The malay-called *sawo matang* skin. A bit tanned. Actually I wonder if it's a luck, coz for that reason, some called me "cina kampung" *Haiya!*
Almost all my teachers asked me whether i was a pure malay, whether one of my parents was a chinese. Even on a bus a chinese makcik asked me whether i was a malay or a chinese. As far as i know, I am a pure malay. My parents are malays. My grandma do look like a chinese lol :p But she's a malay.
Latest issue came from my lecturer, Dr. Huzwah.
I was absent on the day when my class had a quiz on tissue culture. So a few days after that, I asked for a replacement quiz. It was fine until that. Then my classmate went to the office and bump into her. She asked him about me. This is how she asked:" Siapa budak muka cina yang belum ambik kuiz tu?" I laughed hysterically when my classmate told me bout this. *tergolek arek*
But truthfully, I don't mind at all being wrongly labeled as a chinese. Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that being chinese is better than being a malay or vice versa. It's just that it doesn't matter what my race is. I am who I am. How I look doesn't concern me much. It's what I do that makes me who I really am.
Since i studied in SRJK (C) Chung Hwa Wei Sin, I think it's a privilege having small eyes. Or maybe not. My chinese friends aren't racist though. Even the teachers there were nice people, especially my form teacher. She really was a nice lady. Even cared about my religion more than I did, she scolded me if I skip my Pendidikan Agama. I don't think it's because of my eyes. They were nice to me because they really are nice people. That's what I believe. Haha. Good old days! Kinda miss it. I think i'm gonna pay my teacher a visit during chinese new year next year!
Now, to be able to speak chinese and befriend with chinese, listening to chinese songs - these things make me more chinese...hahaha... and to be frank, I'm more interested in chinese girls than malays.*Korean or japanese would be fine too**jangnara jangnara!* . The best part is my mom bagi greenlight aje...yosha!...haha...Since I don't want to get involved in 'that troublesome world' yet, I'm safe here in UIA..yepyep...only few chinese can be seen here. I wonder why myself...i don't know what part of them interests me :p Ehem ehem, to my chinese frens (girls), don't worry laa, I won't just go and 'kacau' any of you.
Nevertheless, Im still a malay, not to worry. But races doesn't really mean anything to me. I just wanna be a good muslim, and hope that everyone can get along together ^_^
Now, to be able to speak chinese and befriend with chinese, listening to chinese songs - these things make me more chinese...hahaha... and to be frank, I'm more interested in chinese girls than malays.*Korean or japanese would be fine too**jangnara jangnara!* . The best part is my mom bagi greenlight aje...yosha!...haha...Since I don't want to get involved in 'that troublesome world' yet, I'm safe here in UIA..yepyep...only few chinese can be seen here. I wonder why myself...i don't know what part of them interests me :p Ehem ehem, to my chinese frens (girls), don't worry laa, I won't just go and 'kacau' any of you.
Nevertheless, Im still a malay, not to worry. But races doesn't really mean anything to me. I just wanna be a good muslim, and hope that everyone can get along together ^_^
1 comment:
You should mention my name :)
My name is Hajar Fauzan but
u can call me Fauzan.
Post a Comment