Thursday, April 26, 2012

Cozy Home


It's only been 2 months since we started living together in our new home. Rented house. Still, feels really homey for me. For her too, I'm sure. Of course she misses her parents. Me? I'm worried a lot about my mother living alone on the other side of Peninsular. Hope I can go back more often. 

It was only 6 weeks before our parents decided on our marriage. Alhamdulillah, everything went well. It wasn't really our dream wedding, but we couldn't be grateful enough to finally be married. So during those 6 weeks, we were frantically searching for a house to rent. At first we thought we would just kept staying where we were at that time - with our friends - but what the hell, what's the point of getting married if we're not living together? Right?

We finally got hold of this house. Got the keys right after we got back from our honeymoon (I leave this honeymoon topic to my dear wife, k!). We got back on Thursday, got the keys on Friday, cleaned up the house on the weekend, and it's our home sweet home ever since! Quite a decent house, I'd say. I don't know which category it falls...Apartment? Shophouse? 3-4 storeys with shoplots downstairs. 

The old tenants left their TV and fridge. Sweet! The TV is working alright but the fridge never got cold. Haha. So we bought another one. A couple can't live without a fridge! Seemed like the house were meant to be rented out for students since there were only single beds and working desks, but we made good use of those. We combined 2 single beds and I bought a new queen-size mattress. So it's practically a queen bed now. Oh, did I mention I bought a new sofa as well? I'm writing this piece on our sofa right now ;)

And all the wedding gifts we received really helped in making our house a home. Thank you very much! (^_^)


No comments: