Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Keep On Dreaming

We all have crazy ideas, dreams and fantasies. Yet most of us usually keep them to ourselves to the grave. Majority think that their dreams are too impossible, absolutely unattainable. Stop for a moment and look around. We fail to realize that most things around us were made of dreams and unrealistic ideas. Even something as simple as a chair has its own revolutionary history. And today we have all kinds and colors of chairs, not to mention weirdest looking ones. True?

Do you happen to know this guy that goes by the name Richard Branson? Sir Richard Branson, to be exact. Oh, I love that honorific title. Wish I'd be able to meet the Queen one day and be knighted, though I think that would be impossible for non British nationals. Dreams. Haha. Back to Sir Richard Branson. He started with a simple magazine and now he owns a freaking spaceport! Mind you, it's not an airport. I repeat, a spaceport. For commercial purpose! That guy is crazy. And visionary too, I can't deny that. He seeks and sees opportunity one after another. Did I mention that he owns an island?! That's how I first came to know him. His island is my dream vacation.

We dream a lot when we were younger. It goes less and less as we grow older. Like a bell-shaped graph. Perhaps we think that those dreams are not achievable, thus our conservative adult mind makes it stop. A pity, isn't it? By doing so, we are subconsciously limiting our self potential, forever living inside a small box. This world is huge, there's a lot to explore and be amazed of. I want to taste things, go places, excite my feelings in so many different ways, like the feeling when I first saw the Kaabah. Truly beyond words. Like there's another soul caged in your heart since forever that you don't even realize that he's there, and he's finally being set free, making you feel truly alive. Like I could feel the droplets of air that I breathed in, and I could sense the particles of light that touched my skin. Like every single cell of your body has a life of its own. I want to taste that once more. I want to have such feeling over and over again.

I have more dreams today than what I had years ago. I want to keep having new dreams. And of course, I will try my best to achieve them.

4 comments:

Opie said...

Reading your entry, I get this weird feeling, like, "am I the only one dreaming of mundane, everyday things?" XD

Don't mind me though, I'm sure my both-feet-on-the-ground nature comes largely from stressful upbringing.. ;p

But yes, we are a world of realized dreams.. so dream on and dream hard, bro! ^^

lutfi lukman said...

Knowing you, i know you love the nature, but not that both-feet-on-the-ground nature :P Don't you wanna have a taste of real nature in many other countries? Google those beautiful pictures of beautiful places and dream!

Opie said...

Uh, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by 'real nature in many other countries'. When it really comes down to it, travelling to me isn't about the destination, it's about the journey.. :p

I just think you and I have a very different take on what dreams are, and what they should be made of, bro.. But it's nice to be able to share views with you! ^^

lutfi lukman said...

destination and journey usually go side by side. By right, the farther you go, the more extraordinary the journey would be. Besides, different geography would give different scene, different view. The forest in Terengganu, Pahang, Kelantan, Johor etc will be different than the forest in China or Siberia. Even waterfalls, there are so many other beautiful waterfalls in other countries. Those are just some examples. Don't you want to be there and see it and feel it yourself? I'm sure the 'journey' will be different!