Saturday, February 12, 2011

Pets

What do you have at home? Or some might ask, who do you have at home?

Pets, I mean. The former refers pets as animals, and the latter, as one of us - creatures that are lovely and fluffy. Fluffy may not be the right word, but heck, it sounds good so don't complain. Regardless, what kind of a pet-person your are isn't any of my concern here. Sorry for wasting your time reading up to this point. Please continue to the next paragraph, it should be more worth reading. At least I hope so.

Ehem. Cats, dogs, hamsters, fishes, birds, iguanas, equines, penguins, crocodiles, polar bears, apples, apple pies...yummy~ Those are some of the examples of pets and you might prefer one of them as your dear friend at home which also known as pet...well, aside from apple...and apple pies too...or perhaps polar bears and crocodiles wouldn't be good pets as well. Penguins? Okay, stop. I'm currently famish, and sleep-deprived too, on top of that. I'm sorry. But I'm gonna keep going!

Back to the topic, ehem! Ehem! Ehem! I'm really coughing here and I just feel like writing me coughing here. I hope it's not of any inconvenience to you. Alright, where were we? Yes, pets. Hmm...pets. Right! Ehem, my ideal pets would be the ones in pictures below


Photo taken from ants.breezily.co.uk (errr...without permission. Google's to blame :P)


Photo taken from Wikipedia

Yup, ants and spiders! Not exactly a tarantula, any spider is intriguing to me. The picture of a tarantula on a palm is just more captivating, that's all. Or so I thought. Anyway, I love these guys and I definitely prefer them over cats or dogs etc. I especially love looking at them eating. I've beein doing that ever since I was a kid. Creepy? Nah, I turned out just fine. A happy, normal, lovely, fluffy, dopey adult just like everyone else. This blog layout got bright red strawberries, you see. Solid proof of my sane mind and sweet heart. Wait, am I talking like a girl? Don't be concerned, I'm an absolutely straight guy who has a special beautiful girlfriend and no special boyfriend whatsoever, ever! Ehem, let's get serious.

We all have ants and spiders crawling around us. By around I mean like 100 meter radius, not 1 meter. Don't be stupid, please. Okay, you're not stupid. I'm the silly one overthinking such a thing. So we all have ants and spiders crawling around us, right? Sometimes I feed them, usually with other insects. Have I ever written here how I hate mosquitoes? God, I hate them! But they love me so much! Such unrequited love~ too one-sided and hell I'm telling you it's not gonna work! So sometimes I was forced to catch them alive and throw them to the spiderweb. Haha. Then the spider will come and bite them and wrap them with the silk, and suck them dry~ Such joyous moment! The ants don't really like mosquitoes, though. I wonder why...too skinny? Not much nutrient? Or simply coz it tastes awful?

Like how some people feeling tranquility gazing upon the fishes in the aquarium tank, I think I do feel the same by watching ants marching, especially when they are carrying food! I hope my kids will share this same feeling (^_^) The ants are working very hard. Heave-ho! Heave-ho! It's always been a dream to observe how they live inside their nest underground. Wonder If I would be able to give them names. That would be awesome! I want an antfarm! I want an antfarm!

But to have an antfarm in the house, I doubt my beautiful future wife would agree to that. She loves cats. Well, ants do feed on cats, maybe that's why... Is that the reason, dear?

*************************

P/s: With regard to my previous entry on Friendship, I just met this one buddy of mine after more than a year. Apart from having a wonderful wife now, he's the same as ever. Same as ever (^_^)

7 comments:

Kecikjer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Opie said...

Ants feed on cats?? (o_O)

Hm, having a pet is a big commitment. If you're not used to routinely caring for non-human living beings 24/7, pets are probably not a good idea.. I mean, even antfarms need some maintenance.

Having said that, I think the author is doing well at observing ants and spiders naturally in the wild.. It's commitment-free, and certainly a lot more interesting! ^^

izra said...

While reading this, I couldn't help myself from thinking "Wow, he's really weird." But then again, I remember that u r Lutfi Lukman, a friend that I find a bit complicated, and weird of course,but in an intriguing way. U loving creepy crawlies shouldn't be a surprise.

p/s: Dah lama tak jmpe. I hope u r doing fine. Take care, my friend.

Anonymous said...

Boleh bela, letak la dalam tank dengan pencahayaan biru skali*cam dlm gambar tu*. let me design the environment inside the tank (^_^)/

p/s: sila jaga semut tu elok2, kalau merayap kuar masuk bilik, or merayap ke dapur, there will be no mercy dear. Baygon! muahahahaha~

lutfi lukman said...

**sofie**
if we put a cat inside dat antfarm, i think the cat would be eaten. Hahaha. Yep, dats what I don't like bout pets such as cats n dogs, u have to give em commitments and show some lovey-dovey feelings and you have to be sad if they die. Too troublesome~

**izra**
I don't think I'm as weird as pojan. hahaha. But yes, I do love creepy crawlies more than four-legged pets.
p/s: dah grad ke? ke dah bertapa kat lab lain? dah berbulan x nampak!

**anon**
tanak la bagi she design! She takde taste. hahaha. She bunuh semut abg, nnt abg bunuh tomeyto'! Spray dia dgn baygon gak wahahaha

Opie said...

You can put a cat in dat antfarm??? (=_=)

Anyway, I love the way She thinks.. ;p

Not the baygon part obviously (PETA member talking), but the queen control~ish streak is cute! ^^

Anonymous said...

Hey dear, jgn kacau tomeyto'. I am way good at drawing n designing. Abg duk diam jaga semut dah la.

Kak sofie, obviously kidding about the baygon. nak pukul nyamuk pon was2. haha, queen control~ x seronok kalau asyik boys je lead~