Friday, March 27, 2009

A Story for My Grandson.

Too much thoughts in the past entries. Haha. I should have some facts in this blog too. Perhaps I should write something for my grandson to read about his grandpa later :p

So dear grandson,

Grandpa was sooo occupied with work this week! And as always, things just wouldn't run smoothly for me. There's always a hole or a tree or a puddle of mud in my way. Haha. But at the end of the week, I can still sit in front of this notebook of mine and said to myself, "So things didn't end up so bad after all..."

I had to present a project today, partly my project. I had to show the final presentation slides to my boss yesterday, and the draft the day before. After all, the project is under her supervision. And it's a project comprises 3 sub-projects. Quite a headache to combine and relate everything to each other. Some of the stuffs were beyond my expertise~ huhu.

I'm sure I was given 1-month notice about the presentation. But whether this is a last-minute work, I'm not sure anymore. Coz I don't think I had much time in the weeks before since I'm also involved in the newsletter for the company. Had to cover up events from January to March, wrote articles about em. U know, like a journalist. Haha. Oh, that's definitely a last-minute work. January to March, that was the time I had. There were like 6-7 important events from January til March. Luckily I have a new assistant now to help me with this stuff. Huhu. And there were also a couple of admin stuffs I needed to cater.

However, I'd like to emphasize here that those are additional workloads. My main tasks in this company are to handle 2 practicals and to do research. And I have 2 ongoing research here, and one of em ain't progressing much *sigh~*. I also have to help other colleagues with their research once in a while. It's good to be helpful tho. Oh, one of the practicals was giving me headache in the past couple of weeks. I had to arrange field trip for our clients. Luckily everything worked out in the end. After a couple of pening times, that is. huhu

Anyway, back to my presentation. My notebook was faulty last 2 days. i just got it back in the late afternoon today. Luckily I have most of the important stuffs in my thumbdrive. And luckily I just got my new PC from the company! But the problem was, I couldn't do my work at home~ so I had to finish everything at work. Oh btw! I think this was the first time I didn't stay up all night preparing slides! It was always last-minute work in the past. Haha.

Then last night we got a call. A close relative just passed away. Close by blood, but I'm sure me and him, we didn't know each other. But my ma insisted to go. But she did ask me whether I had the strength to go. I agreed with a heavy heart. It was almost 2 hours away~ and I was thinking about reading a bit on my next-day presentation. I was glad that sincerity came knocking along the way. Yeah, visiting a deceased relative couldn't be a bad thing, I thought. I drove my car happily all the way. We arrived back at home after midnight. But I was glad I agreed to go.

I wouldn't call it a bad presentation. But the project that I presented really raised up some issues. I received lotsa questions and comments, both constructive and destructive :p I didn't get to answer most of the comments due to time constraint. Plus, I respect the elderly. Huhu. I have a question raised up in my head tho, if big shots like MARDI or MPOB or LGM cancelled a research, does it mean that the research is worthless or have no future? I think not.To me, there must be ways to make things work. In research, if you start today, you can't get the results tomorrow. Get what I mean? And this is a place where knowledge is gathered, it is not a corporate company. It's a place where research may be less useful, but it is never useless. But someday, the insignificant one might fit in the puzzle somewhere...

So grandson, you wanna be like your grandpa? (^_^)v

P/s: Sorry if you can't figure out the kinda 'company' I'm working in. Haha.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

research,
re-search.
Re-Search.

proses yang takkan abis kot....

Nurhidayati Abd Aziz said...

Baru belajar pasal theory dependency, where scientific research sometimes are not totally value-free. There are always vested interest somewhere.

Ati boleh buat sociological research mcm ni, case studies of a research scientists in Malaysia, korang-korang semua yang kerja kat research institution.

Hiks, sorry, tengah dalam mode ultimate geek. Can't think of anything better than studies.

:p

Opie said...

I'm starting to think nothing in this life is value-free.. Cuba, saper kat dalam dunia ni buat benda tanpa sebab?

things = value. Useless pun value gak...

Luppi, nice entry.. ^^ Btw, why a grandson? a son would be much closer in the future, no? At least blogging might still be around in his time! ^.~

Anonymous said...

can't agree more ngan kak sofie's =p jauh beno lompatnya ke cucu hu2

nway tabik dgn anda2 yg kuat wat research... ai, ai, sir!

moon said...

tepaksela rajin wat research eh luppi? kan utk confirmation and kenaikan pangkat. huehue. yosh!

lutfi lukman said...

**CST**
apa maksud Re-Search?

**NAZ**
hmm..that's actually pretty good. I'd like to know that too. Takpe, lagu 'geek in the pink' by jason mraz agak cool ;)

**Sofie Shah & nabihah**
Coz I can take care of my son by myself. But I might not be able to see my grandson and teach him stuffs by myself (^_^)

bie nak dtg KT x btau pun~

**moon**
haha. moon lebih memahami!~ nak kejar Prof Madya ni! huhu