Monday, August 18, 2008

Super Update! Taman Negara + Kenyir + Wedding

KENYIR

I came back home from Taman Negara at noon of the 10th of August, Sunday. Had a short rest, then I punched in for work in the afternoon. As I walked into the office, I saw my big boss talking to a colleague of mine. As I was about to walk pass them, he called for me, saying "Lutfi, nak pergi Kenyir?"

"Err...nak!!...?" (^_^)

The trip was for a research project totally unrelated to me. Huhu. Two nights (12-14th August 2008). Free transportation, free accomodation (Resort, beb! Bukan khemah~) and most importantly, free good meals :D Talk about being lucky :p Lalalalalaaa~

----------------------------------------------------

TAMAN NEGARA

I joined the J.R.E. II. Or u may read it as Jungle River Ecology: Level two. From 4-9th of August 2008. Location? Taman Negara Pahang! (^_^) Since I did my internship at the Institute of Biodiversity (IBD) Lanchang, I was invited to be a volunteer for the program. You don't play-play ah, national level wooo~ Jointly organized by PERHILITAN, NRE, and Ministry of Education.

Well, it wasn't as fun and as challenging as I thought it would be. I was expecting students to be the participants, but they all turned out to be teachers~ And almost all are 30+ years old~ Huhu. The jungle trekking was easy peasy. But I had my fun anyway in that one week, and I think it's totally worth it (^_^) Hey, free holiday in Taman Negara with free good food and place to stay~ that's what matters most. Huhu :D

I leave the details and pics to Tuan Caracol, k. What I'd like to say about the trip is, it was totally worth it! Not coz of the program itself, but it's due to the chance of meeting the people that I had left 2 years ago - The staffs I met and learnt from in IBD. Puan Noni, Pak Andak, En. Syukri, En. Khairul, En. Ki, Pak Din and Cik Dila. My internship with them 2 years ago taught me a lot about life, and we had so much fun then!

I don't know bout their academic qualifications, whether all of them have degrees or diplomas or SPM or none. Those things don't matter. I never care. What I do know is, they are people with lotsa experience. The kinda experience that you don't learn in schools and universities. Some of them even have better ways of thinking than university students. Creativity? You might lose to them. Critical thinking? They could in fact teach you the right way to think. Huhu.

So what defines us? It's definitely not your certificates. It's your mind and heart. I ain't gonna respect you just because u have the certs. Dear readers, don't you dare look down on someone just because they have a lower academic qualification than you. Respect people equally. Don't prejudge. Certs won't do you any good if you have a rotten heart~

Oh, on our way back we dropped by at Merapoh. I got to meet dearest Wanie, Kira and Jannah! (^_^) I was super duper happy! My wish came true! Well...partly, coz sadly Iqah went for a school trip. Huu~ didn't get to meet her~ Love em like they're my own kids! Huhu

--------------------------------------------------------

WEDDING

1 month before 16th August 2008
"Lutfi, jemput la datang kenduri kawin aku 16hb Ogos"
= 1 wedding to attend

1 week before 16th August 2008
"Luppi, tau dok Sya (my ex-classmate) kawin minggu depan?"
= 2 weddings to attend

2 days before 16th August 2008
"Luppi, Diyana Husna kawin gok ari Sabtu ni."
= 3 weddings to attend

On the 16th of August 2008
"Lutfi, kita gi kenduri kawin member aku skali."
= 4 weddings to attend!

Dah la aircond kereta tak berfungsi~ I got back home with a severe headache and a totally worn out body. But glad that I made it to all four weddings (^_^)v

8 comments:

Unknown said...

patut la tak gi IQUEST. ngeeee :D

Nurhidayati Abd Aziz said...

Abg pi, nak pegi Australia? :p

Semalam Ati buat caramel pudding! Housemates kat rumah ni ckp Ati dah jadikan diorang subjects utk experiment memasak Ati. Muahaha.

(Dh jumpa anak tuan rumah, he's not available tho. :p Tsk, sangatlah bahaya menulis dlm English, kena tinggal komen dlm bahasa Melayu supaya orang-orang kt sini tak faham.)

Ati masih budak baik. (^_^)v

Anonymous said...

4 kenduri...everybody loves u la.
'jealousy is on the air'

Shana said...

Tabah giler seh...

Anonymous said...

Great to see someone young studying biodiversity and getting out in the field. For an insight into nature and more check out Nature Escapes

lutfi lukman said...

**szakif**
member lg penting. Lgpun aku dah bersara~ huhu

**ati**
Mesti la nak pegi!! (^_^)
ati masak sedap, rasanya diorang tak kisah jadi bahan eksperimen. hehe. Tapi...housemate ati bukan baca pun blog ni...kan? y bother? huhu

**zali**
1st tu brut. 2nd tu ex-clasmate, aku kenal. 3rd tu ex-schoolmate, tau nama, x cam muka. 4th tu, kawan kpd kawan aku. Brut je yg ajak aku personally. Yang lain2 tu smua thru kawan lain. Brut sorang je sayang aku, so no need to jealous lah~ huhu :p

**???**
saya mmg tabah~

**rick@natureescapes**
err...ni mcm spam je...huhu. Ampeh tul~ gi main jauh2 la encik spam.

Nurhidayati Abd Aziz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Asik pi kenduri kawan je...

Kenduri sindri bila lagi?!!!

(^_^)V