I was getting busy again...err...lazy, actually. Huhu. Sorry for the late update :p
Hoho, went squid jigging (mencandat sotong) again! Now let me recall...when was it eay...Oh, 17th of May! That makes it the 5th squid jigging expedition in my ever-wonderful life! Okay...ever-wonderful is a little too much... :p
Anyway, the different thing about this year's expedition is, I was the project manager. Yeah, I was the host this year~ (^_^)v The first 3 was free, everything was arranged by a friend's father. The 4th trip, last year, I went with a friend, along with his friends, and I gotta pay rm 50~ dah la tengah sengkek time tu...we went jigging in September. Haha, pretty stupid ey? :p The waves were very strong and we all got sea sick~ I threw up a couple of times too. Huhu. But we did bring back some squids. I only got one though :p
Well, that was last year. Let's forget about it. Coz this year rocks, baby!
I arranged the trip for 8 friends, with my eldest brother and my elder sister tagging along. We departed from the jetty on a fisherman's boat at about 6pm Saturday. Arrived at the jigging spot at around 7pm, a friend of mine immediately got the first catch of that day. But that's the only she got on the whole trip. She got sea sick a few minutes later and never got back on her feet again. Haha :p
The boat owner was kind enough to change spots a couple of times, looking for the 'lubuk'. At our 3rd stop, we waited for half an hour before my sister got the first catch. Then it turned to be a real 'lubuk' yeyy! (^_^) After 12am midnight, only the fantastic four were still up and mighty - me, Pojan, my brother and my sister. The rest got sea sick and some were just sleepy~ huhu. We were up till 5am when the boat started to head back to the shore.
And you know what? We brought back some 40-50 kilos of sweet, juicy squids! Most of them are about half a meter long. I jigged up 22 squids myself! Pretty impressive ey?~ coz I never got more than 10 before. Hohoho.
My mom gave out some to neighbours and friends. And the rest? This is the best part! On Sunday night, we had sotong bakar, sotong goreng celup tepung, tom yam sotong and sotong sumbat ala Kelantan. We cooked and ate till 1 am~ Everybody was stuffed up real good. Muahaha. You can really taste the sweetness of fresh squids~ The next day, we had sotong masak sambal and sotong masak kunyit for lunch. I know, squids and squids again. But unlike chicken or beef, u'll never grow tired of eating squids (^_^)
I gave out lotsa tips last year, here's some additional tips for squid jigging:
I don't know why they call it squid jigging, but here's how you squid jigging. Throw the jig into the sea till it reaches the bottom sea bed. Then pull it up about 1 feet. Then u start gettin' jiggy with it by snatch n' release, snatch n' release, snatch n' release...until it feels a little heavier than before. Senang giler~ huhu
Oh, you might wanna wear a dark shirt, coz those squids would be squirting some serious black inks! Make sure u don't direct the squid's head towards yourself or your friends, unless u wanna get ur face painted black~ huhu :p
Hoho, went squid jigging (mencandat sotong) again! Now let me recall...when was it eay...Oh, 17th of May! That makes it the 5th squid jigging expedition in my ever-wonderful life! Okay...ever-wonderful is a little too much... :p
Anyway, the different thing about this year's expedition is, I was the project manager. Yeah, I was the host this year~ (^_^)v The first 3 was free, everything was arranged by a friend's father. The 4th trip, last year, I went with a friend, along with his friends, and I gotta pay rm 50~ dah la tengah sengkek time tu...we went jigging in September. Haha, pretty stupid ey? :p The waves were very strong and we all got sea sick~ I threw up a couple of times too. Huhu. But we did bring back some squids. I only got one though :p
Well, that was last year. Let's forget about it. Coz this year rocks, baby!
I arranged the trip for 8 friends, with my eldest brother and my elder sister tagging along. We departed from the jetty on a fisherman's boat at about 6pm Saturday. Arrived at the jigging spot at around 7pm, a friend of mine immediately got the first catch of that day. But that's the only she got on the whole trip. She got sea sick a few minutes later and never got back on her feet again. Haha :p
The boat owner was kind enough to change spots a couple of times, looking for the 'lubuk'. At our 3rd stop, we waited for half an hour before my sister got the first catch. Then it turned to be a real 'lubuk' yeyy! (^_^) After 12am midnight, only the fantastic four were still up and mighty - me, Pojan, my brother and my sister. The rest got sea sick and some were just sleepy~ huhu. We were up till 5am when the boat started to head back to the shore.
And you know what? We brought back some 40-50 kilos of sweet, juicy squids! Most of them are about half a meter long. I jigged up 22 squids myself! Pretty impressive ey?~ coz I never got more than 10 before. Hohoho.
My mom gave out some to neighbours and friends. And the rest? This is the best part! On Sunday night, we had sotong bakar, sotong goreng celup tepung, tom yam sotong and sotong sumbat ala Kelantan. We cooked and ate till 1 am~ Everybody was stuffed up real good. Muahaha. You can really taste the sweetness of fresh squids~ The next day, we had sotong masak sambal and sotong masak kunyit for lunch. I know, squids and squids again. But unlike chicken or beef, u'll never grow tired of eating squids (^_^)
I gave out lotsa tips last year, here's some additional tips for squid jigging:
I don't know why they call it squid jigging, but here's how you squid jigging. Throw the jig into the sea till it reaches the bottom sea bed. Then pull it up about 1 feet. Then u start gettin' jiggy with it by snatch n' release, snatch n' release, snatch n' release...until it feels a little heavier than before. Senang giler~ huhu
Oh, you might wanna wear a dark shirt, coz those squids would be squirting some serious black inks! Make sure u don't direct the squid's head towards yourself or your friends, unless u wanna get ur face painted black~ huhu :p
4 comments:
alhamdulillah....aku nak pi lagi...cumanya kat situ ssh nak kencing or berak.
Menarik. Hajar, perlu ke komen camtu skali? Jijik tul la.
yap..my bro pun pegi mencandak sotong last few weeks...jeles btol. Gaya dia citer mcm best bangat jerk...
ta pena pun candat2 sotong ni. rasanya mmg ta mau mencandat pun. haha
Post a Comment