Saturday, January 07, 2006

Lutfi prejudges and is prejudged

Hmmm...hmmm...hmmm...dah lama tak update blog nie...rasa janggal plak...

Well...many things happened in this one n a half month...this new semester...new subjects...new tasks...new year...and many other new things...even new people...new faces...new friends...

Some of them are not really new frens. I've noticed their existence before, but they seemed a bit far away...Fortunately, they are getting closer. And closer.

Sometimes, it makes u wonder...when u first meet somebody, how do u appear to them? I mean, what's ur first impression? how about their first impression? How do they look at u? Can we get along? u know, things like that. And most of the times, we prejudge. Is that a bad thing?
Some of my friends asked how i thought of them when we first met. I found it difficult to answer. It's vague, I can't remember. I wondered why. Then I figured out why.

Personally, I don't think prejudge is wrong. It's a human nature. I don't think it can be avoided, by any means. At least for a second u meet someone new, u will prejudge.
What makes prejudge bad is if u stick to ur prejudgement all the time u're with that person. Even worse, when ur prejudgement turn out to be totally the opposite, u'll get that pathetic feeling. Like u are the worse being.
and so, I've found my answer. I do prejudge. But then I put it in the recycle bin. As a human, u can't just remove all ur memory, can u? Unless ur hard disk accidentally crash. God forbid.
Most of the times, I don't really care how people think of me. Except in formal occasion, because it involves other parties. But if it's just about me, I don't and I won't give a damn. I've heard a few prejudgement on me, told by my former-strangers-but-now-friends. I can really laugh about it. Coz in the end they found out that they were wrong. Totally. Hey, whoever read this, why don't u tell me what do u think of me the first time we met? That would be fun, i guess. It tickles.

15 comments:

Irzan said...

" Isk isk isk...
Ha ha ha...
Tsk tsk tsk...
Hmm hmm hmm...
Aku dalam dilema...
nak ikut sama sadis ke...
atau nak gelak dgn sopan santun...
well, chin up & cheer up, buddy!"

KURENG HAJA KO EH!!! Jahat gler!!!

Moral of the story: jangan gelakkan org dlm perantauan, tak baik, nanti masa depan kita lak brade dalam perantauan, ha time tu aku gelakkan ko sepuas ati k? :D

lutfi lukman said...

**mirul**
oi oi...tak gelak lagi laa...kan aku dalam dilema tu...

moral of the story: tanya aku dulu ah gelak ke belum..dont prejudge...muahaha

Shana said...

Haha. I asked you this during the holiday right? And I even told you of what I thought of you at first.

Dulu ingat Lutfi ni budak yg selamba badak. Jenis yg 'don't give a damn'. He still is by the way. Not to mention, super-lengai. Dah la tak tau lengai tu ape. Ish, ish. The only difference is, I relized you were smart. :)

Oi, bila nak belanja? Dah tertungak2. Hmph.

Nurhidayati Abd Aziz said...

Here's one from Ati. Hear, hear - it's going to be long as usual. :)

I don't remember when was the first time I met Lutfi, I was at different class and different course at our first Pre-U semester. For the subsequent semesters, as hard as I tried not to be noticed, I didn't notice people much either.

Though, I remember once I had mistaken Lutfi for Din at one night when I was walking back from a meeting to the college. And then Nurul told me that Lutfi was with Din at the same school - so that's how I remember Lutfi afterwards; "Lutfi yang satu sekolah dengan Din tu..."

:)

Moving on to our early undergraduates years; my one word to describe Lutfi would be - 'Lutfi the Unreachable'.

I must say I was quite scared of him, too. That's why I guess it took longer time to break the ice.

Well, I always believe a person is like an onion - they're enveloped by layers of personality. The only way to get to know them better is to peel those layers off. The only way to get to know a person better - is to get to know them further.

So, with Lutfi, though I still sometimes quite scared of him :p - but now I also know he can be quite a comfort as a friend too.

Just like what Hugh Grant told Sandra Bullock in their Two Weeks Notice - I would tell this about Lutfi, too;

"A little rough around the edges, but when look closely - so beautiful inside."

:)

Nurhidayati Abd Aziz said...

By the way, what do you think of me when we first met?

Fauzan thought I was Al-Arqam, Arshana said I was weird.

Well, that figures. :p

lutfi lukman said...

**arshana**

selamba? lengai? smart? hmm...mana satu saya nak pilih huh? jadi lengai ah best...cam jay chou sket..haha..
kalo awak buat makan2 lg...i will give a damn!

**Ati**

Haha...ur comment is not as creepy as u think...sounds normal enuff to me...I was supposed to be unreachable. That's correct. But I do reach out to people who tried to reach me.

Like I said, it's a vague memory. I can hardly remember seeing u girls during our pre-U. Can't even remember the names. My memory with u girls started in IIUM. Normal laa kut. It took me more than a year to remember my girls classmates during my time in secondary school. Though I was the class monitor. haha. Girls only laa. Guys senang je.

As far as I can remember...u looked thiqah, and unreachable. not bcoz of ur clothes. It's attitude i guess. But when u act that way, the clothes helped.

Nurhidayati Abd Aziz said...

Unreachable - so both of us are unreachable people. Hey, we can form a league or something - The Unreachables.

:)

Erk, umph, gulp - thiqah - now, that's a very powerful word. Then again, it's first impression. As i have always believed, people are free,or rather bound to perceive.

Irzan said...

Mati la ramai perempuan minat lupi walhal kat tag aku baru sajor tohmah lupi anti-perempuan!

btw aku tak prejudge ok. hanya mensyak-wasangka. huhu. innocent ok. sbb aku syak depan2. :D

Irzan said...

Mati la ramai perempuan minat lupi walhal kat tag aku baru sajor tohmah lupi anti-perempuan!

btw aku tak prejudge ok. hanya mensyak-wasangka sajor. huhu. innocent ok. sbb aku syak depan2. :D

Irzan said...

Mati la ramai perempuan minat lupi walhal kat tag aku baru sajor tohmah lupi anti-perempuan!

btw aku tak prejudge ok. hanya mensyak-wasangka sajor. huhu. innocent ok. sbb aku syak depan2. :D

Irzan said...

Lagipun lupi mmg anti-social terhadap kaum akhawat dan ini membuktikan lupi adalah seorang yang pemalu. haha...

*lariiik...*

lutfi lukman said...

**mirul!!!**

ciss ciss dan cisss!!...alangkah tercelake betul...buat tohmahan sesuka ati je...sib baik mu duk jauh...oi oi...aku tak anti pompuan, anti-social terhadap akhawat tu betul siket :p...btw, tadok org minat aku la!! aku je minat jang nara!! arkkk!! aku bukan mimosa pudica!!

Shana said...

Alahai, tak nak mengaku plak. Kan ada bdk tu yg minat awak. Ys sama gp halaqah. Dia tu suka je tanya pasal awak. "Dia tu sihat ke?" "Dia?! Siapa?" "Dia la." "Lutfi eh? Sihat je." Hahahaha.. Accept the truth!

Yati; Nice analogy from Shrek. Tapi kan, about the onion and layers. I think the onion (person) should also allow others to see its layers. No matter how many layers it is, if the person won't let anyone through, you still can't know them now can you?

lutfi lukman said...

**arshana**
arkkk!! arshana...awak subahat ngan mirul@irzan!! keji keji... jgn menyebarkan baseless gossip...isk isk

am i the onion here? i didn't allow others to see my layers?

Shana said...

Haha. Saya tak subahat dgn siapa2 pun. It's the truth. Awak yg tak nak dengar. :p

Onion tu blh je jadi siapa2. Not neccessarily you.